Masked For Work has partnered with Canadian-based Crown Mutual Group to promote their line of Canadian-manufactured personal protective equipment (PPE), including surgical masks and N95 respirators. Our collaboration with Crown Mutual allows us to provide a range of high-quality equipment to help our clients stay safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Since the beginning of 2020, production of PPE in China has increased to meet overwhelming worldwide demand. However, the production rush has often resulted in counterfeit or poor quality products that do not meet proper safety standards. “There are many uncertified and non-protective masks out there that pose a huge health risk”, Sean McKay says. “We wanted to ensure that every organization has peace of mind knowing that they have Canadian-made masks that are verified by Health Canada’s standards.”
Where can I find surgical masks in Canada?
Crown Mutual was established in April 2020 by Sean McKay and Ray Serion in response to a shortage of medical-grade PPE in Canada. Before 2020, North America lacked PPE production facilities as most PPE was imported from China. As COVID-19 began to spread through the world, China struggled to keep up with the manufacturing demand as countries began buying up remaining stocks of medical-grade PPE to keep hospital staff safe.
Without secured access to PPE, North American hospitals began to face shortages in proper safety equipment, with governments recommending that people avoid the use of medical-grade PPE to grant easier access for healthcare workers.
The demand for medical-grade PPE further increased when governments began implementing mask mandates, requiring people to wear masks indoors to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in community settings. Surgical masks and N95 respirators became favoured for their standardized protective qualities and disposable convenience, as well as their trusted use by healthcare professionals.
Best surgical masks made in Canada
Crown Mutual’s facility outputs over 45 million masks per month and holds numerous official certifications for thorough performance and quality testing. They work with the independent laboratory Kinetrics to ensure that their products are certified with Health Canada.
- They are registered with the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which verifies the safety of health products in the US. This allows them to provide their products across North America.
- Their products are approved by the Canadian Standards Association (CSA Group), which tests and certifies products for the Canadian market.
- Their products meet the international ASTM standards for safety, ensuring that their products perform to worldwide standards, and can be used in professional healthcare settings.
- Their products do not contain graphene, a toxic material identified by Health Canada to be present in some masks and pose health risks when inhaled.
Safest masks for kids in Canada and USA
Sean McKay wanted to ensure that children were protected from COVID-19, noting that “if anyone is suffering through this pandemic, it’s these poor little guys trying to learn the ropes of school through the eyes of a global epidemic.”
Without full understanding of proper hygiene, children are more at risk of catching and spreading the virus. Crown Mutual offers child-sized masks and face shields featuring cute animal designs so that kids can continue learning and playing safely.
Crown Mutual Group’s medical grade products for Canada and USA
Crown Mutual Group is proud to offer these certified medical-grade products manufactured at their facility in Richmond, British Columbia:
- Adult-sized surgical masks in ASTM Level 1, Level 2, Level 3 that exceed Canadian and US requirements.
- Child-sized surgical masks in Paediatric ASTM Level 1, offering better breathability and safety than other paediatric masks.
- N95 respirators, offering 95% filtration efficiency and compatibility with various eye and hearing protection gear.
Crown Mutual Group conveniently offers these additional products:
- Face shields in adult and child sizes. Their adult face shields are 20% larger and offer more coverage, while their child face shields come in a variety of cute designs.
- Hand sanitizers from WeCare, made in Nanaimo, British Columbia. The hand sanitizers won’t damage skin and come in convenient refillable spray bottles.
- PPE manufacturing equipment. Crown Mutual hopes to help North America meet its demands for surgical masks.